Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Magnetically Drawn In...



...gravity defying, for only £1 at Tesco's ;)...
Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 06
Pretty strong magnet huh :) ?
But, what good is it in my sewing room huh?

Well if you drop a pin; let's say whilst you're sat at the sewing machine, and it rolls under the table out of reach you can do this!

Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 04  Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 05
No needles in this haystack

It saves me from doing what I hate - having to get up out of the seat, away from the machine and crawl around on my hands and knees to search out the errant pin LOL! 

Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 01  Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 02

Strangely - even though it's sold and labelled on the front of the packet as a magnetic product, the manufacturers see fit to warn you of the magnetic properties on the back, what's that all about huh? (It's kind of like warning people that a packet of nuts "May contain nuts".)
Magnetic Telescopic Rod - 03 

So, I bought 2... one for my cutting table and another to keep in a pen-pot next to my sewing machine and overlocker :)


 

12 comments:

  1. Great find Claire, I'm going to look for it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in a sort of DIY section in my big 'Tesco Extra' supermarket with tonnes of other stuff all around the £1 price. If you can't find it let me know and I'll pick one up for you and bring it to the V&A meet up next month :-)

      Delete
  2. Genius, this looks so handy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea!! I'm going to get me one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gadget and very handy... I think I can shed some light on the health warning at the back... I remember reading an article about how magnetic toys were swallowed by kids and did internal damage... the article stuck cause I have a three-year old of my own (more details here if you're interested http://edition.cnn.com/2012/07/25/health/cpsc-sues-magnet-maker)

    ReplyDelete
  5. how useful!!! I'm gunna have to get one- picking up pins is such a pain.
    Freya May
    thedressmakingdiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2 of them in my sewing room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not the only one who buys multiples of notions then ;-)

      Delete
  7. That looks like a really handy gadget - I am always terrified I will drop a pin and not be able to find it as I have a dog, and I don't want him to get a pin in his paw. With a tool like that it would make finding dropped pins so much easier. I will have to look out for one next time I am in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the magnets bit is warning you to keep it way from things that might be affected by it - such as computers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.