Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

PRIMA Pattern, June 2013 - Chic Peplum Dress



The pattern from the June 2013 PRIMA Magazine issue is still currently available to order by phone until the end of this month.

  
Prima Magazine - Pattern, June 2013 (01)  Prima Magazine - Pattern, June 2013 (02)

The pattern for June is a really pretty chic dress - perfect for weddings, parties and other celebrations - maybe a classy dinner-date too ;) ?  The slim-fitting peplum dress has above-the-elbow sleeves, soft-tucks at the front neckline, and fastens with a centre back zip. Sizes 10 - 20 (UK). 

Prima Magazine - Pattern, June 2013 (03)

I think you could easily use this pattern to make yourself a cute peplum-top too. Also, I think the addition of a waist-stay (perhaps some pre-washed/shrunken soft cotton-tape?) would help to maintain the shape and definition of the waist. For less creasing and easy wearable fabric - how about some double-knit or ponte (with minimal stretch) :) too?
  
Prima Magazine - Pattern, June 2013 (04)    Prima Magazine - Pattern, June 2013 (05)


See my old post here on tips for ordering their patterns: PRIMA Magazine: How to Order Their Sewing Patterns.






3 comments:

  1. So are we going to see a version of this made by you?! I think you'd look killer in this dress. I can totally see you rocking it in an electric/cobalt blue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zoe! I think I might make this for my wedding anniversary in September - so yes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interested to know if you made this dress. I have been asked to make for friend but doing measurements the waist seems very small, she is a 12 but according to chart I need to cut out a 16/18...would appreciate any input thanks.

      Delete

Hi there! If you would like to be notified by email when I (or anyone else) replies to your comment please click the 'Subscribe by email' link under this comment box.